Kayak Fishing for Speckle Sea Trout 12-11-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Fishing for Speckle Sea Trout 12-11-2020

I went to the fish for speckle sea trout on the Elizabeth River. Myself and three other kayakers launched from the Elizabeth River Park boat ramp. We fished the outgoing tide and a short part of the incoming tide in the early afternoon. We all came home with a mess of fish. Most of the take home catch was speckle sea trout. I took home trout and a bonus 23 inch rockfish that I caught in the morning. We had a great day on the water. This would be an 7 hour round trip to and from the launch, not counting fishing time. This would also be my last fishing outing of the year..

MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Interesting area, like you said the industrial aspect would be off putting. Glad you found some fish.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I used to live about five miles from the launch you used Mach...32 years there...the hot ditch by the VEPCO generating plant on Military Highway in Chesapeake was a guarantee fish spot in the coldest days of the most brutal winters...froze our butts off even with a propane heater going full blast! Held puppy drum, Specks and stripers year round...glad you got into them..
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Great Video, thanks for posting. Looks like an interesting area. Like Ron, I hit the nearby Hot Ditch a few times, never had much luck despite others catching around me. At that time specks and reds were alien to me, and still are. But I would have to say, it was definitely the place to go when everything else shut down due to cold. It did appear to get hammered though.
        Jay

10' Green Slayer
        13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Working...
        X