Chincoteague flounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chincoteague flounder

I made a quick trip out of Chincoteague last weekend in a powerboat, formerly owned by John Veil. While I fished several different areas, I caught most of my fish in an area I have historically fished in my kayak...so hence, I assumed it would be okay to post my report here.

My target was flounder, and I quickly picked up three keepers at 17", 20", and 22" fishing the outgoing tide near dropoffs in about 12-15 FOW. I was using a 1-oz white bucktail tipped with a 3" white, or white with chartreuse tail, Gulp swimming mullet with a 3" swimming mullet teaser. All flounder were caught on the bucktail, and I picked up several average to below average size croaker on the teaser.

The water was filthy given that CI had received a lot of rain the day before, but it didn't seem to turn off the bite too much. Water temp was about 70-71 degrees.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Golden Papaya Outback

Thanks for the report!
    Hobie Outback
    WS Tarpon
    IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

Glad to hear that the Scout is still getting fish coming over the gunwales. Those are nice flounder.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
      X