Good spots under the beltway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mepps3 View Post
    Ah, I used to be the same way. Used to just fish with bait and bobbers or spinnerbaits. But a friend converted me and it is a very successful way of catching fish around here. 1/16th jigs and 2" twister tails have caught me tons of white perch, yellow perch, and crappie. I usually rig them two at a time. One on bottom and then another about 14" above off a dropper loop. Use it on 6 or 8 pound test, low stretch line. The far shoreline from the launch at roaches run is fairly deep and has a lot of woody structure. That is where I caught most of my fish, but most of the shoreline is fishable.
    Awesome! Thanks a lot. These are the tips I need. I went out and bought a bunch of twister tail grubs and jig heads last night, 1/16, 1/8. green, orange, red, black. I've been drawn towards jigging multiple times especially after watching Bill Dance as a kid ! I'm ready to give it a shot again. I just bought some 8lb fluorocarbon line as well. hope thats good.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Comment

Thanks again for all the tips guys. I have some places to check out for sure. Im going to check out Occoquan Sunday.
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

Working...
      X