Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moon Phase, Current & Togging at CBBT (Dec 4, 2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moon Phase, Current & Togging at CBBT (Dec 4, 2021)

I fished CBBT on Dec 4. Because of the New Moon Phase on the day, I was a little hesitant to fish CBBT because of the strong current expected. But the wind was mild, so I fished CBBT for togs over Rudee. The good fishing hours was less than 2 hours. I targeted the slack tide - incoming changes to outgoing, for 2 hours. I had total 6 tog bites. Lost two good size togs in a row. The line got cut by barnacles on the bridge column. I managed to land 1 keeper and came back because of the strong current. It wasn't fish-able.

On video, I answered a question regarding moon phase, current, and togging at CBBT.

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Time to go to the Inner/Outer Walls?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
      Time to go to the Inner/Outer Walls?
      I remember that December in Cape Henlopen Inner Wall was very tough. Unlike CBBT, The water temp was so low for tautog at the walls. Outer wall didn't produced many togs. Catching 1 keeper is possible in December at Outer Wall. I caught 1-2 keeper at outer wall. Go to Outer wall with the current, come back with the current.

I think CBBT is a better place if your driving distances are the same. I prefer CBBT. if the wind is too strong, I can always go to Rudee.

Joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
      X