Many Specks and Puppies in Rudee, Apr 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Specks and Puppies in Rudee, Apr 7

This time, I decided fish Rudee for specks (speckled sea trout) instead of CBBT. On Apr 2, 2022, I fished CBBT first. After CBBT, I couldn't fish Rudee because I was tired and it was too late.
    I wanted fish in a cozy place after the last week tautog fishing. My goal was catching my first speck in 2022.

There weren't may anglers due to morning rain and more rain forecast.

I caught about 20 specks. I think I was the only one caught specks that day Most of them caught puppy drums (redfish or red drum). I caught about 20 specks @18-23" by trolling and 5 puppy drum on shrimp.

Fishing Log:

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Joe,

You did very well.

Those are encouraging numbers.

I hope that bodes well for good trout and redfish catches in the southern Chesapeake this year.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Mark, I think they will come up. No fish kill last winter due to the freezing weather in VA, NC and SC.

Joe
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

ComeOnFish, is it possible that we met at Piney Point last fall?

I have read your posts and am nostalgic about Rudee Inlet. I used to fish there with my dad while on vacation in VA Beach. I do not recall the area very well. Is it safe for an average paddle kayak angler to navigate that area? For example, I would not consider fishing from my paddle kayak at the CBBT or even the Bay Bridge in Annapolis, as I have been cautioned to not attempt to fish these two areas from my current yak.

Comment

Mark,
          I don't think I met you. The last time I fished Piney Point was probably 10years ago.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
            Mark,
            I don't think I met you. The last time I fished Piney Point was probably 10years ago.

Joe
            Joe,

Indeed, we have never met. But I enjoy your posts here.

UnkleRob questioned you about Piney Point.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
            X