Tautog, Speck & Puppy, Apr 23, 2022, CBBT and Rudee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tautog, Speck & Puppy, Apr 23, 2022, CBBT and Rudee

I always intended to fish both CBBT and Rudee in Mar-May because the efforts I put to fish the area. Though, I get tired after CBBT usually.
    I really wanted fish for flounder in Rudee. So I went to Rudee after catching 3 small keppers (Tautog).
    I couldn't find a parking spot. I waited until a spot was available. I had 2 hours to fish in Rudee.
    I caught one 16" speck and caught 2 Puppies at 24 and 25 inches on shrimp on a bottom rig.
    I didn't fish for flounder. Next Time I will try flounder first.

Fishing Log:

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Since you've been catching PDs on your trips, I was hoping they might be along the shore too. So I surf fished double hook rigs with shrimp and cut-bait off the beach just bay side of the CBBT bridge a few days ago. Nothing. Zilch. Not even small fish nibbling at the bait. Skunked.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
      Since you've been catching PDs on your trips, I was hoping they might be along the shore too. So I surf fished double hook rigs with shrimp and cut-bait off the beach just bay side of the CBBT bridge a few days ago. Nothing. Zilch. Not even small fish nibbling at the bait. Skunked.
      I think puppies moved on. None caught any puppies last weekend, May 7. Chopper bluefish will come soon any time. See my new report posted just now.
      I am fishing CBBT for tog before the spring season ends. If I have time, I will fish Rudee

joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Better hurry. VA, DE, & MD tog season closes 16 May - 30 Jun.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
        X