Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cobia & Puppy Drum, Grandview Nature Preserver/Back River, VA (05/28/29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobia & Puppy Drum, Grandview Nature Preserver/Back River, VA (05/28/29)

This was the Recon and practice run for Cobia in Hampton, VA before the season opens on June 15th. I picked the boat ramp (Fox Mill boat ramp, aka, Dandy Point Boat ramp). The ramp leads to Back River for speck and puppy drum fishing, and also the cobia fishing outside of the inlet. The first trip was made a week ago on May 21. I caught a bunch of baitfish that day, but no cobia. I caught a bunch of bluefish in the back river that day 7 days before. This time, I had a hard time to find the bait fish. Eventually I found the bait fish, and landed a small cobia at 34-36" On the way back to the boat ramp, I caught a 25" puppy drum in Back River.

Fishing log:

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

I haven't fished there in years, but maybe it's time to join you one day. Would also like to try surf fishing there.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
      I haven't fished there in years, but maybe it's time to join you one day. Would also like to try surf fishing there.
      Cobia fishing while anchored doesn't require a young body. I recuperate from the beatings of the previous CBBT fishing trips while anchored almost whole day. I will be cobia fishing from June 15th.

Joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
      X