No announcement yet.

This weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe we can meet then at Pohick Bay launch point Kanvery, I am looking at getting there around 8 AM (unless Friday night’s beer slows me down), to target some bass on the flats there before the rain comes to town again.
    US Army (Retired)

Hobie Pro Angler 14 & Outback

Comment

Originally posted by mcveyr View Post
      Maybe we can meet then at Pohick Bay launch point Kanvery, I am looking at getting there around 8 AM (unless Friday night’s beer slows me down), to target some bass on the flats there before the rain comes to town again.
      that sounds good. hope GPS doesn't steer me the wrong way and I can find the place alright
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

Here is the address toPohick Bay Regional Park:
        6501 Pohick Bay Dr, Lorton, VA 22079.
        US Army (Retired)

Comment

It should be pretty easy to find. Where are you coming from in Alexandria? If taking 395 S take the Lorton exit off of 95 and take a left. Drive straight to Rt 1 take a right and head south on Rt 1. At the top of the hill take a left on Gunston Rd and follow it until you reach Pohick on the left. Your GPS should get you there no problem. Once you're in the park drive straight until you get to the bottom of the hill. You'll see the boat ramp but drive past that to the end on the parking lot to the small craft area. I'll try to be there around 6:45-7am. If the fishing is unbearably slow I'll pack it up and go a mile down the road to Mason Neck park. It's on the other side of the peninsula and looks promising.
          www.anglerswithoutborders.com
          Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

I
            My suggestion, bring some frogs, spooks, rattle-traps for snakehead/bass, or stripers that just want to jump on your lure out there tomorrow.
            US Army (Retired)

Comment

awesome. I live right off RT1 a few miles South of 495. So it sounds like an easy drive. Not sure when I'll show up but it should be around 7-8, maybe earlier, maybe not. Cant be out all day though so I hope it's productive. see you guys out there!
              -Jon
              Revo 13

Comment

Dang! My backyard and I can't make it...

Comment

I must have all of you that made it to Pohick today; I got there around 8AM stayed around the launch for 30 minutes before heading over to the main channel next to Fort Belvior. I was never able to get anything on topwater, however the trustee rattle-trap produce around 15 bass for me today. I have attached a couple of pictures of some of the fish that I caught today for all to enjoy.
                  Attached Files
                  US Army (Retired)

Comment

Mcveyr, that rattle-trap has seen some use. Looks like the fish love it. I might have to add one of those to my tackle. Thanks for the pictures.
                    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
                    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

No snakeheads? Thanks for the report.
                      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Nice work, I just started to fish Pohick last year, caught quite a few nice bass and a snakehead... hope they are still feeding aggressively after this front rolls through

Comment

Mcvey thats awesome! You must've arrive just after we launched. I would've waited but I didn't know you were coming out! We should've followed you. We found a lot of fish and saw one snakehead but no many were of any good size. I did get one on topwater but that's only because we were in a big school of em. I was surprised how long it took the tide to really come in. I would've fished more but we just decided to call it a day around 12:30. I did get a hit that broke me off while trolling. Are you headed out again anytime soon? I have all of next week off and might consider going out to learn a thing or two.
                          www.anglerswithoutborders.com
                          Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Hi there Kanvery, I am up for some fishing next week, just let me know when (date/time) and where (location) you would like to meet up to go slay some bass on the Potomac then.
                            US Army (Retired)

Comment

I'll start with thanking Kanvery for letting me tag along and showing me his sweet spots. It was nice to meet you both and I had a good time. I am up for going back out with you whenever I'm able to get out. I really like that area. Usually I am out longer but this time I had kicthen duties to come back to. - mcveyr - that is an awesome bag of bass you caught! For how cold the water was the fish were pretty active. Like Jack (Kanvery) said we saw a lot, just not any of size. I attached a photo for amusment though. The stick bait is a floating rapala that dives 1-3' and was crushing little guys. When I say little guys I mean bass, a little stripper, y. perch, w. perch, bluegill, crappie and sunfish. Most of the fun I had came out of my cast/catch ratio.
                              Attached Files
                              -Jon
                              Revo 13

Comment

Thanks for the excellent report. I really have to get out there for some of those nice bass.
                                Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                                Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
                                X