Trying for tautog when the water is still warm, Oct 16 & 21, CBBT, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying for tautog when the water is still warm, Oct 16 & 21, CBBT, VA

I and my friend fished on Oct 16 and Oct 21 for tautog. We know we might not hook a keeper tautog because of the warm water. But, we expected puppy drum (redfish), bull reds (large redfish), possible keeper black seabass (good taste), sheepshead.

I had similar results on both Oct 16th and 21st. Though, I had a Gopro camera (head camera) malfunction on 21st. I put videos of two days to make one report that presents a typical fishing day in the mid-October.

My friend, not on the video report, also caught several redfish and 2 sheepshead.

I am planning to fish Rudee next weekend for specks,puppies and flounder in Rudee until the water temp drops to 55 F. The water temp was 63 F (Oct 16) an 60 F (Oct 21).

Fishing Log:

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Hey Joe, you might want to try the Elizabeth instead. The trout bite has been hot there. I dropped by Rudee a couple of days ago and talked to some guys coming back to the ramp and across the board people were only getting a few scattered dinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pamlico View Post
      Hey Joe, you might want to try the Elizabeth instead. The trout bite has been hot there. I dropped by Rudee a couple of days ago and talked to some guys coming back to the ramp and across the board people were only getting a few scattered dinks.
      Fished Rudee on 10/28/2022. The log posted.

Thanks
      Joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
      X