Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shad Run in Occoquan River, VA (Apr 21, 2023)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shad Run in Occoquan River, VA (Apr 21, 2023)

Occoquan River is only 30 minutes away from me. It is a good place for me when I couldn't fish the remote water, VA Beach.
    Shad always come and stay for 3-4 weeks this time of the year. The dogwood bloom is the good indicator of shad in Occoquan River.
    I think shad will stay 2 more weeks.

Fishing Log:

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Shad and bluecats in same video.

Now that's interesting!

Nice video, Joe.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Great video! I had the privilege of doing a dam rehabilitation project on the upper Occoqaun Dam. I was there for for 18 months. Government secure so we were the only ones who could get access to the reservoir in the restricted area, outfalls below the upper and lower dams. Incredible Snakehead, Rock and bass fishing. Catfish were huge. We'd come early and leave late to fish. We also installed a LOX/GOX Generator Plant to oxygenate the deep sections of the reservoir. Amazing how quickly fish would find the oxygen rich waters. Great memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Retriever View Post
        Great video! I had the privilege of doing a dam rehabilitation project on the upper Occoqaun Dam. I was there for for 18 months. Government secure so we were the only ones who could get access to the reservoir in the restricted area, outfalls below the upper and lower dams. Incredible Snakehead, Rock and bass fishing. Catfish were huge. We'd come early and leave late to fish. We also installed a LOX/GOX Generator Plant to oxygenate the deep sections of the reservoir. Amazing how quickly fish would find the oxygen rich waters. Great memories.
        That day, I met a guy who caught 18 snakehead between the Dam the bridge. I enjoyed watching his catching snakehead. According to him, there are so many snakehead in the region.
        I forgot about snakehead. I think I will fish for snakehead this year.

Joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
        X