A Trophy Tautog & More, CBBT, VA, Feb 15,2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Trophy Tautog & More, CBBT, VA, Feb 15,2024

I've been fishing for tautog this year. Because of the bad weather, I made only 2 trips in 40 and 43 F water prior to this trip.
    As expected, I go skunked twice already.

I fish any way disregarding the catch results. I execute what I planned and prepared for every trip.

On Feb 26, 2024, I finally caught 5 tautog including a trophy. It was unusual day in 44 F water.

Fishing log:

Thanks
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

You don't see many tog that size anymore. Looked like a fantastic trip. And you're a braver man than me. I get spooked going out on the CBBT in summer--can't imagine being out there in February.

Comment

Originally posted by Pamlico View Post
      You don't see many tog that size anymore. Looked like a fantastic trip. And you're a braver man than me. I get spooked going out on the CBBT in summer--can't imagine being out there in February.
      Self-rescue practice and calm days. It's tough to catch togs until mid-March. But togs are bigger before mid-March. All my trophy were caught in Feb and Mar.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Nice! Love me some toggin.
        Native Slayer 12
        Native Ultimate

Comment

I'm jealous ! I would LOVE to load up on some fresh tog meat right now. I'm recently out of fish I had stored and getting free time to go catch something to eat has been hard to find. Way to go, Joe! I've been watching the water temps in OC just in case they creep up enough and I'm able to go out.
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
            I'm jealous ! I would LOVE to load up on some fresh tog meat right now. I'm recently out of fish I had stored and getting free time to go catch something to eat has been hard to find. Way to go, Joe! I've been watching the water temps in OC just in case they creep up enough and I'm able to go out.
            FYI,
            I got 8 vacuumed packs of 2 person portion fillet for steak, sashimi or poke. I steamed heads and the remaining in a big pot. I picked 4-5 LB of meat out of it for fish sticks. With other ingredients, it became 7 LB of fish sticks. It's a sin to waste the hard-earned valuable award - according to my wife's friends. We, my wife and I didn't have any. Happy wife, more fishing.

I am waiting for a good 6 hour window for next fishing. 3 hours traveling from the launching to beaching the kayak, 3 hours of actual fishing in CBBT. There hasn't been no such window yet. It's been windy this winter.

Joe

Comment

Working...
            X