No announcement yet.

Chincoteague doormats 5/26/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work on the flatties, Mike. Those are some awesome first fish.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

very nice, 21 for your first 1, now you'll be pissed at all the 16 and 17s that have to go back

dont do that with a clear nose ray they have spines that have a toxin on thier skin that is very iritating if they break your skin with them

Comment

+1 Come to think of it, I too thought you were rather brave holding that ray up for the pic. Even though it was "exhausted," you never know when that tail will swing around.

Yeah, surfdog. I was a bit pissed when I caught a 17" flounder in Delaware the other day. I was initially thinking Virginia (limit is 16.5"), but then it came to me that DE limit is 18".

Anyway, enjoy the fillets, Chex. Are you going back soon?
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
          +1 Come to think of it, I too thought you were rather brave holding that ray up for the pic. Even though it was "exhausted," you never know when that tail will swing around.

Yeah, surfdog. I was a bit pissed when I caught a 17" flounder in Delaware the other day. I was initially thinking Virginia (limit is 16.5"), but then it came to me that DE limit is 18".

Anyway, enjoy the fillets, Chex. Are you going back soon?
          It's not really bravery when you're not fully aware of the risks. I was thinking of steve erwin as I handled the ray, but figured that must have been a different kind of ray that killed him. In any case, thanks for the education and I will be more careful.

No plans on going back soon. It's exhausting... but fun
          Mike S.
          Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
          3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I'm trying to learn more about those things. Actually, I'm not sure if you have a skate or a ray. I think it's a skate. If so, they're relatively safe since they don't have stingers. Skates have spines, but they're not poisonous and don't whip around. Rays are the really harmful ones, and some have poisonous stingers.
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
            X