No announcement yet.

E.s. Va, hrbt, cbbt 6/9-6/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuf- when I lived there I lived on the water- fished every week of the year- went out of Rudee 12 hours in front of an approaching Hurricane once- caught fish like crazy right before the storm- water had big greasy swells but was otherwise perfect- Fished the Rick's wreck off the beach about 12 miles- caught amberjack, false albacore, kings, and a big 35# barracuda dropping peanut bunker on a rubber cored sinker rig in the chum slick- we used to drop off a commercial crab pot just outside Rudee and pick it up on our way back home- it wasn't unusual to have 3 dozen keepers in the trap at the end of the day- get home, wash down the boat, clean fish and steam crabs- not a bad way to live-

I did that from 1970 until I moved up here in 1993- had a 24 foot Stamas Clearwater fully rigged- nice rough water boat-
    "1969 Stamas Yachts V24 Clearwater
    This inboard/outboard sports cruiser is 23.5 feet long and weighs 4650 (pounds dry). This weight does not account for passengers, fuel, or gear. The beam of this craft is 96 inches. "
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 06-13-2012, 06:55 AM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Sounds like really fun times. I sure would like to make those catches off the yak...maybe in due time.....
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
      X