No announcement yet.

Kiptopeke 11-23-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed the report of your memorable ordeal. I am glad that the tire blow out was not too serious. My truck has just over 200k on it now, but it is in good condition. I have grounded my kayaking until I get some mandatory mantenance done, such as brakes and rotors. Hopefully that can be completed in the next two weeks. Driving far with car problems have been a fear for me too. I just got my car battery replaced. Fortunately, it died in my driveway. I plan to buy a emergency jumbstart battery, that also has an air pump and AC outlet and leave it in my truck. I also plan on buying an attachment (like J-Bars) to my factory racks, so I can carry two yaks.

The only other rundancy that I can see is if two cars drive down, so if one car has a fixable issue then the other car car drive to the nearest tire center (for example) and get a new tire, fix a tire, replacement battery....etc.

Comment

Keystone Kayakers! Lol.
      (Ask your parents what I mean)
      Happy you were ok though!
      GB

Comment

That was quite an adventure. I'm glad there was no serious accident or injury. I like the "Sam Adams remedy" -- beer does have a calming influence.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
        X