Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad News for Tufnik - CBBT (Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel) Tautog Fishing - April 09,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad News for Tufnik - CBBT (Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel) Tautog Fishing - April 09,

It was the first saltwater fishing after 3 months of freshwater fishing (mainly in Lake Anna, VA) in 2013. I took a day off on a weekday and went to CBBT for Tautog. Before the fishing, I didn't see any tog catching reports at CBBT. I was informed at a local tackle and bait shop that Tautog hadn't arrived yet in good number. - The first words I heard, regarding CBBT tog fishing at a local tackle and bait shop, were: "Tog? None catches any $#it yet"

The water temp at CBBT (Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel) was 52F. 52F was a bit colder than that of 2012 by 2 degree I thought.
    I tried fresh shrimp, Gulp shrimp and Gulp peeler crab for 7 hours. (I also brought cooked shrimp and frozen blue crab that had been frozen since last December for test in case of good tog biting.) I had two tog bites on fresh shrimp, but I failed to set the hooks. I caught a toad fish.

Tufnik, Tog will be there. I think the next weekend will be good. I will try again if I can fish on Saturday

The first saltwater fishing log in 2013. It was a beautiful day in the Bay:
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 04-11-2013, 06:42 AM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Thanks for the report. Hopefully it will be good this coming weekend.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

...lol...."Give me sugar"......so, did you?

Your CBBT water temp is warmer than reported by a weather station, so I would have expected good tog activity. Not much, huh? I guess we keep waiting/trying. Some guys will be trying for tog at Kipto this weekend. The water temp is expected to be in the 50s there. Maybe they'll have better luck. Hope to hear from them.

I can't go this weekend, but hope to join you at CBBT next week at the earliest. Thanks for the report, Capt Tap-Tap.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
        ...lol...."Give me sugar"......so, did you?
        Oh yes!. It was the first fish. Once you close your eyes, there is no difference
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Thanks for the report Joe, sorry you were not able to get any Tog. See my thread on the main forum:
          http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...t-I-m-thinking
          I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of Tog... there have been a few good Tog reports at CBBT recently from boaters as posted in the thread.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by comeonfish View Post
            oh yes!. It was the first fish. Once you close your eyes, there is no difference

lol!!!!!
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

The couple of positive CBBT tog reports that I have seen in the last couple days mentioned two things in common: 1. If they do bite now, its a really light one, so use smaller chunks of blue crab,which seems to be the bait of choice and 2. They want the chunks with lots of slocum (or whatever all the yellow mushy stuff is called). I think the female crabs have more than the males.
              2013 WS Ride 135
              2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Nice video, Joe. Like the saying goes, you don't know if you don't go.
                Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                  Yup! Mustafa (AbuMasgouf) and I will try again tomorrow since the weather will be perfect. We will also fish Rudee in the evening for specks. We hope we catch and eat both species.

joe

Comment

Originally posted by ictalurus View Post
                    X2

Thanks for trying and report!! It will be there next time you are there!
                    And by all mean, I want to be there next time.

Won
                    2012 Red Outback
                    2015 Blue Outback

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyWon View Post
                      X2

Thanks for trying and report!! It will be there next time you are there!
                      And by all mean, I want to be there next time.

Won
                      Next weekend (not tomorrow) we are planning to fish for striper in MD water to keep. Or We may go to CHSP, DE. It will be better next weekend. We aren't sure if we can catch few tomorrow.
                      Joe

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                        Yup! Mustafa (AbuMasgouf) and I will try again tomorrow since the weather will be perfect. We will also fish Rudee in the evening for specks. We hope we catch and eat both species.

joe
                        God Willing!
                        -Mustafa
                        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                        2016 Hobie Outback
                        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
                        X