Lynhaven 4/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynhaven 4/22

Fished somewhere I honestly can not stand because of the wind tonight. Got to the launch about 7 and after launching went directly over to the tennis courts to get out of the wind. Fished with a 1/4 oz jighead and bait fish color super fluke jr.'s. Caught 19 specks and 1 Bluefish. Specks were from 18'' to 21'' and I lost the big girl by the boat (no net this always happens). Bluefish was 19''. Its on in VB!
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Nice! I need to get back down there.
    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Thanks for the report.
      The ledge around the tennis court is my favorite for speck. Next time I will be fishing Lynhaven

Joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Maybe we will get all this sorry weather out of the way early and have a great weather fishing year...
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Hey, don't tell me guys are going to abandon togs in favor of specks/blues now. I must admit, tog bites have been relatively slow. Sounds like Rudee and Lynnhaven are getting hot. Thanks for the report.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Togs are a tasty fish, pull good, but live in difficult to fish places- wrecks, hangups, pilings...swift currents, long paddles...stripers and specks live in inlets, along channels and flats- inside Rudee and Lynnhaven Inlets are some great fishing holes/channels to catch one of my favorite fish- big gator speckled trout- Mirrolures, XRaps, swim shads, poppers all work great and the by-catch can be as much or more fun- stripers and blues eat the same things- slow down the presentation with 1/4 oz flat head jigs tipped with 4 inch Gulp and you get big doormat flounder- without the trip to the CBBT...and next month the Black Durm and Cobia arrive in town- on the outside of Rudee around the ends of the rock jetties you can float a live spot/small blue and maybe get a 50-75# Cobia hooked up....never tried or thought about the difficulties of landing one of these from a kayak- I know first hand that it can be a real trama boating a green 50# Cobia in a 24' center console- they can tear up a lot of expensive gear-
            Last edited by ronaultmtd; 04-23-2013, 10:23 AM.
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

"Fished somewhere I honestly can not stand because of the wind....."
              Pinch, I'm just curious, what do you not like about Lynhaven? I haven't fished there in my kayak yet, but, since it's in the neighborhood, I plan to try it out when the weather cooperates.
              2013 WS Ride 135
              2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Its never consistent, and its a lot of area to cover if the fish are not in your first few holes.
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Awesome... thanks for the report. Must be nice to catch 20 fish.

Kinda wish I lived down there... it's like a trip to the moon every time I go down, and when I get back I'm in need of life support.
                  Mike S.
                  Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                  3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Not sure how accurate or valuable this is, but here is a link to an aerial view of Lynnhaven that shows "fishy" spots and a little "how to" info:

http://www.vcfa.org/documents/Lynnha...hing%20Map.pdf
                    2013 WS Ride 135
                    2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Cool map... even if it's just a little accurate, it's much better than fishing blind
                      Mike S.
                      Hobie Outback
                      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post

Kinda wish I lived down there... it's like a trip to the moon every time I go down, and when I get back I'm in need of life support.
                        Agreed.
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post

LOL! Soo true!
                          -Mustafa
                          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                          2016 Hobie Outback
                          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
                          X