Cbbt 4/28/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cbbt 4/28/2013

The weather and wind predicted called for a nice calm and cloudy day so it was my only shot to try for some togs before the season ended. Met Tufnik down there and we started working the pilings. For hours I didn't even get a single bite or bait stolen. Not even the pesky oyster toads. With only 2 hours to fish left before I had to leave, the slack and change to outgoing tide came at the perfect time where I decided to double down on 2 spots on the way back from the 1st island. Spot #1 was nice with a few nice holes but still nothing. Spot #2 was Tufnik's honey hole and with only 30 minutes to fish and the outgoing starting to move, I decided to perform the exorcism rituals by chumming blue crab parts all over the spot. Dropped my line down with a fiddler and bam, fish on. Unfortunately, he came off half way up. I cut up some blue crab and proceeded to pull up a 16, followed by 2 18's in the next 30 minutes. Just as fast as the bite came, the bite turned off when the outgoing got strong. Tufnik's spot saved the day again for me!

Has anyone tried the Lowrance DSI's around there (5 and 4). I did manage to spot 1 rock pile and confirmed it but i find it not much different from the regular sonar. I was hoping to see more details like you would see tree branches and all in a lake. That Elite 5 screen also sucks in the sun with polarized glasses. You have to turn the brightness up to 10 to get a good view but that kills your battery.

Here's the fish p0rn

Last edited by HokieDJ; 04-28-2013, 01:51 PM.

Nice going on the keepers! The persistence paid off!
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I brought Togs for you just in case because you can't buy them at the fish market

Think CHSP next Sat!!!
      Joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Very nice! That's a yak full of good eating if I ever saw one!
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice togs, Dave. Good thing you called me. I reached the spot about 4 pm. The wx turned bad, but I managed a couple togs. Will post on another thread, which will include a semi-skunk.....lol.....
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Is spot #2 the place you mentioned on the radio?

Also, I think you may get better feedback on the Lowrance DSI under the Dry Dock Forum.
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Spot #2 is the one I told you about the radio/cell. I'll show you next time we're there.

Comment

I have the elite 5 DSI and love it.
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Nice work on the togs!

Comment

Working...
                  X