5-11-13/5-12-13 Rudee Inlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-11-13/5-12-13 Rudee Inlet

Myself and KG703 went down for some small water saltwater action.

Arrived at 6:30 pm on Saturday to 15-20 mph winds and the threat of serious storms on the horizon. On the bright side there was no one on the water only ran into 2 other yackers on Saturday evening. Fished until 8:45 when a big nasty storm came through and scared us off the water.. Must of rained 2-3 inches in an hour.. Fishing was very slow on Saturday evening we both missed several bites with no fish landed.

Sunday morning we were back on the water bright and early (5:30 am) after a good nights sleep in a local shady motel.. god i hope i did not bring home bedbugs!

The weather was dramatically different Sunday morning with little to no wind and partly cloudy sky's.. Fished all morning until 1 pm from low tide to high tide to the middle of the out going. We ventured to the inlet and to the back of owl creek, got rained on several times by passing showers but it was warm enough that we just grunted through it. We were on a mission to leave before the skunk could get us. Finally at around 11 am high tide i managed to catch 4 flounder around the grass edges and 1 red drum all fish were undersized but they were fish! Flounder ranged from just under legal to 12 inches and the drum was 17 inches. Was fun regardless and i look forward to heading down again.

Meadeo
    2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Glad you finally got into a few fish, thanks for the report.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

"......bedbugs!" ....lol......Sometimes I'm concerned about that too.

I was thinking blues and specks were now biting down there. Anyway, good work, you got some pullage. Thanks for the report.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Glad to hear that you got some pullage bro! Thanks for the report!
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
        X