Leesylvania 05-20. My first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leesylvania 05-20. My first

I started out early around 7 am. I fish hard with top water and bottom bouncing with no luck. So I decide to check out some new places. I found a shallow spot with no current, so I tried again. After I reel the first one in, I got 2 more bites but they spit the hooks back out. I really need to remember to set the hook hard. You have to hook them up good if you want to reel them in. I caught this one on dark color swim bait shad (Berkley and nothing else!!). First Snakehead is 20 inches!!
    Attached Files

Congrats on your first SH , you're living up to your name!
    Shane
    Hobie Outback

Comment

Congrats. Looking for my first also this year
      2012 Hobie Pro Angler 12 - Olive

Comment

good job
        D Hawk
        Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
        Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

Sweet.
          Ed
          Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

And this is the best part. Snakeheads eggs are one of the best that I ever ate. Btw, there is a tiny cheek meat if you can see it. It is the Filet Mignon of the Snakeheads.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
              And this is the best part. Snakeheads eggs are one of the best that I ever ate. Btw, there is a tiny cheek meat if you can see it. It is the Filet Mignon of the Snakeheads.
              Nice fish! How do you cook the eggs?
              Dave
              2013 Hobie Revolution 11

MMIG

Comment

My mom cook very good Vietnamese sweet and sour soup with the Snakeheads and eggs in it. She usually leave the whole thing in the soup, so you can just steam and eat it. It should taste almost the same. Or make caviar like Andrew Zimmern did on the TV show. I like it steam but it's just me.

Originally posted by DaveFX35 View Post
                Nice fish! How do you cook the eggs?

Comment

Congrats Khanh! I love sweet and sour soup and I love shad roe....I could definitely dig into that good vietnamese soup
                  2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Congrats Khanh!! I pray for many more your way so your name will really ring!

Cheek meat is the best part! That's why I prefer to Masgouf my fish and cook the whole thing to get at that cheek meat. In Iraq they call the cheek meat, the fisherman's morsel!
                    -Mustafa
                    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                    2016 Hobie Outback
                    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I wonder if you can Masgouf Snakeheads, their head is quite hard. Vietnamese people do cook the whole fish, we gut, scale, clean the fish then add herb and other stuff in its stomach and throw the whole thing in the oven

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                      Congrats Khanh!! I pray for many more your way so your name will really ring!

Cheek meat is the best part! That's why I prefer to Masgouf my fish and cook the whole thing to get at that cheek meat. In Iraq they call the cheek meat, the fisherman's morsel!

Comment

I'm sure you can but probably need a hatchet to cracking the head open. Definitely worth a try

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
                        I wonder if you can Masgouf Snakeheads, their head is quite hard. Vietnamese people do cook the whole fish, we gut, scale, clean the fish then add herb and other stuff in its stomach and throw the whole thing in the oven
                        -Mustafa
                        2016 Hobie Outback
                        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Seriously guys.....I'm getting hungry!

Comment

Originally posted by backtofuturetoyota View Post
                            seriously guys.....i'm getting hungry!
                            lol!!!
                            -Mustafa
                            2016 Hobie Outback
                            2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Nice! I ate the roe of my snakehead caught last month. I usually just have roe from any fish with scrambled eggs and a small bits of meat from the fish. Quick, easy, and good eats
                              Ryan
                              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                              X