Riverbend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverbend

Still unemployed so decided to check out Riverbend today. My second visit this year and the smallies were cooperative on green pumpkin tube lures. In 2 hours landed 8 12-16". Missed several others. Of course bigger ones!

Sorry, no pics of the fish. Left the cell phone in the truck. When I got back to the ramp saw a water snake swimming in with a 6-7" channel catfish. Didn't think he could eat it considering their spikes but he did! Got a so-so pic of that.
    Attached Files

Nice going!! Thanks for the report ! Going somewhere tomorrow....not sure yet. Thinking about POR. At the rate I'm going ( first bottle of wine went down smooth) , probably going to hit my neighborhood stretch ( Algonkian ) if I don't get up early tomorrow.
    Last edited by Jig Monster; 05-30-2013, 07:54 PM.
    John

Wilderness Tarpon

Comment

Have been going to Riverbend since last summer, always fishing from the bank. I just bought a kayak and will be heading there next weekend so long as we don't get too much rain...what's your approach with the tubes? I always find fishing a texas rig leads to many snags...I usually go with a white swim bait and usually have a lot of luck of those but would like to try something different

Comment

I use a swim bait hook with a dipsy sinker rigged inside the tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P64fIH-vWLg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGk2WcWKPpE

Works well but you will occasionally lose one. If you're not, you're not where the fish are!

Good luck!

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the advice...can't believe I've never thought or heard of that method of rigging a tube. Will be giving it a shot this weekend at riverbend!!

Comment

Hope to see some of you smallie chasers at the MAKBF event Saturday at Point of Rocks!!

Comment

Working...
            X