Virginia Beach 6/1 - 6/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia Beach 6/1 - 6/2

Over the weekend a buddy and I fished the HRBT and Rudee. On Sat. we fished at the beginning of the HRBT tunnel since the there was a traffic jam getting into the tunnel. We stayed about 3-4 hours and caught together caught about 6 croakers and 2 undersize flounders. Finally head to the other side of the tunnel and got some dinner and went back out try this side of the tunnel for night fishing. I trolled on the way out to the bridge there and found that one of my plastic bait was half bitten off. I was getting nibbles but no hookup. As the night went on the wind and current started to pickup going out towards the CHSP bay. We called it a night. As we started to head back I was making slow steady progress against the wind and current. My buddy and I decided that I would go back and grab the car while he waited at the point there where he would beach his kayak since it was getting rough. It took me awhile to get back in the dark. I couldn't really see anything but the gps on the fish finder came in super handy for this and got me back to the launch point. I was loading up my car and saw another paddle yaker come in. He looked beat. I'm glad he made it back safely. He said that I had passed him earlier and that he was beached for awhile to get his breathe back.

The next day we headed to Rudee for a few hours. Had some nibbles but no hookup. That was the weekend.
    Last edited by Goody; 06-04-2013, 07:12 AM.

Outback 2015
    Maui
Working...
X