Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Record Snakehead caught in Aquia?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Record Snakehead caught in Aquia?!?

Wow!

http://www.wtop.com/120/3346723/Is-V...a-world-record

WOW! That's a big ass SH.

Outback 2015
    Maui

Comment

Thats funny when I was fishing on Sat. at Pohick Bay I talked to a guy that I met from the KBF forums and he said he saw a guy lose a possible WR snakehead due to an bad net job in Belmont Bay, I wonder how many of these monster are in our area.
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

come to america and they get fat!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
          come to america and they get fat!
          haha....
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

A gentleman last year claimed to have caught an 18+ pounder, but it wasn't weighed on a certified scale and it was filleted long before anyone had a shot to re-weigh it or anything. There are claims of 15+ pounders on the MD DNR's angler's log as well. Bowfishermen are claiming to kill some hogs too, flirting with the world record size. It's safe to estimate that snakeheads have been in the Potomac for about 10 years, plenty long enough for them to grow to world record size. I anticipate this record being broken a few times in the next few years.
            Live every week like it's shark week.

Comment

Wow!
              But I'd bet on the fact that record will be shattered again and a 20 lb snakie will soon be caught
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I was thinking about this.....we have guys who have caught SHs close to that weight already. I bet there have been way bigger ones caught around the world, it's just that no-one cares about record keeping like we do. Most people look at it as food and we look at it as a hobby. I am however....laughing and shaking my head about coming to america and getting fat....too funny.

Comment

Working...
                X