Burke Lake and Cicadas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burke Lake and Cicadas

Went with a couple friends on information that the Cicadas were out in force at Burke Lake and the fish were going wild.
    Anyway you could hear the sound of the Cicadas before you even got in the park. They were everywhere but the fish did not seem as excited as we were led to believe.
    Did catch a couple small fish and saw plenty of Cicadas in the water where you could see the occasional fish rise to consume them.
    Still a nice day on the water.
    Attached Files

awesome! It looks like you tied that? Looks great. I've had plans to pour a top water toad in the same colors to try my luck. The cicada's definitely have the attention of fish. I was on Occoquan res for the MAKBF tourny and they didnt stand a chance once they hit the water.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Comment

The cicadas are thick in St Mary's County, in southern MD too and I collected a bunch for bait.....caught lots of fish w/them....even had a monster LM bass rise out of the thick grass @ Smallwood State Park to suck one off the surface.....but it snapped my 2-lb test line right away...still it was fun seeing this fish. Cicadas are great for bait!

Comment

Working...
      X