Pohick snakeheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pohick snakeheads

Lots of topwater action today, I landed 2 snakeheads but lost 5. Also landed a ton of bass. Everything was caught a plastic ribbit/zoom frog with a 3/0 worm hook with 10lb line. The fish were biting like crazy right before the storm, then the weather got real bad, lightning storm came in and I paddled to the nearest land and camped out for 30 min. I met up with Khan a little in the evening and we fished until nightfall when he hooked into his PB snakehead... I'll let him post the pics his catch.

8.5lbs

4.5lbs

Jake
    FeelFree Moken 12.5

Man. I had a blast today.

Comment

What an awesome day. I think I am becoming a snakehead hunter myself, bass are exciting but these things are monsters. I didn't realize they could jump out the water so far either, crazy when you're in a small kayak. I need to work on my topwater hooksets though, I lost way too many.
      Jake
      FeelFree Moken 12.5

Comment

I was having problem with setting the hook as well until my friend told me to use a stiffer rod. He recommends using MH rod with at least 20 lbs test line. Now, I just have to contain my excitement when the fish hit and count to 3 to set the hook. I think once you hook a 10+ lb SH, you probably think bass fight like a panfish. I can't wait to hook a bigger one lol.

Originally posted by d16daily View Post
        What an awesome day. I think I am becoming a snakehead hunter myself, bass are exciting but these things are monsters. I didn't realize they could jump out the water so far either, crazy when you're in a small kayak. I need to work on my topwater hooksets though, I lost way too many.

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Working...
          X