Pohick report 7/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pohick report 7/14

I went to Pohick on Sunday. I fished from 12:30pm to dark. I was after snakeheads but did not catch any. I did manage 6 bass all 13-15 inches. The grass is getting very thick in Pohick. I fished it at high Tide and had trouble getting around. I probably wont fish Pohick the rest of the summer because of this. I will be trying other areas.

+1
    Hobie Outback
    WS Tarpon
    IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

I got SH skunk last couple time at Pohick as well. I guess it's time to move on. The question is where to

Comment

Try Mason Neck same area but tons of grass

Comment

I was there this morning on an outgoing tide and got around fine. Best LMB went 17" in the pic. Hooked up a big a$$ Potomac Pike but he spit the lure back at me. Ripped drag and got the blood flowing! Also ran one over that was cruising above the weeds in very shallow water. Man, he was surprised and bounced off the kayak 2x. LOL!

2013-07-17_09-00-30_458.jpg

Comment

Foley did you leave around 11:30-11:45 blue kayak on car. If so I think I was pulling up as you were were pulling of the launch. I caught 6 LMB between 1.5-3 lbs my friend caught 5 About the same size. We were skunked on the snake head as well.
            Ed
            Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

Yes Ed, that was me. Sorry if I seemed in a hurry but was late for lunch with the missus!

I've got another week before full time employment returns and then it's back to weekend fishing. If you're interested to coordinate something I've been getting love from upper Potomac areas such as Riverbend and Algonkian and tidal areas like Pohick. Planning a Friday early morning Mason Neck exploration...

BTW, noticed your friend had NY plates. You from there? I'm a NYC native...

Comment

Hey Foley,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I appreciate the offer for Mason neck but I have to take a pass, as i have to take my son to a dr apt. I am going out on sat with the wife. She likes to paddle but not fish. I am however, working on her. I live pretty central to all of those parks you mentioned. I can generally get out during the week with some advance notice. My friend is from LI and I grew up in NOVA. My parents, however, are from the Beautiful Bronx. Next time you want company PM me if I am available I would like to join you.

Regards

Ed
                Ed
                Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

Working...
                X