Leesylvania or Occoguan Reservoir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leesylvania or Occoguan Reservoir?

I am looking at either Leesylvania or Occoguan Reservoir for my first kayak fishing trip. I have been out in the reservoir but that was to just test the kayak. I am new to kayaking and thought these areas would not be to difficult for me. I also do not care what I get on this trip but I just want to get some bites. If anyone has any thoughts or advice. I have not fished this area yet.. I was told top water lures ( frogs ) were working really well in this area right now.

thanks
    tony

Leesylvania hand down. No Potomac Pike in Reservoir.

Comment

Leesylvania is good for top water frogs. I was there last weekend with some other yak fisherman and we managed to catch them on frogs as well as other lures. If you head out of Leesylvania and back into Powell's Creek you can catch fish. There were fish caught all over the place back there.
      WS ATAK

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
        Leesylvania hand down. No Potomac Pike in Reservoir.
        +1

And +1 on volboy23's comment about top water frogs. Both LMB and PP on those. Also try working swimbaits slowly. I've had some good hookups with this method...

Comment

Where did you end up going? Any luck?

Comment

sorry for not getting back, had some family stuff. I have been to Leesylvania a couple of times since3 my last post. I go up the creek to the south of the park . I have been spending a couple of hours in the moring back there with no luck. a couple of bites but nothing even close to caught yet. I have learned to try around the rocks right around the launch site. Saw a little kid pulling in a couple good size fish( not sure what kind, my eyes are pretty bad)

tony

Comment

Working...
            X