Stripers on the Kayak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripers on the Kayak.

I'd like to go for some stripers this season before I put the kayak up for the winter. Does anyone have any advice on where I could go in the DC,VA area ? I've been pier fishing up at matapeak and caught a few, no keepers but looking for the "big one". As always any advice is apperciated and if anyone would like to setup a trip I'm all for that. Thanks!

Is the route 301 bridge down on the Potomac too far?? Check otr pierandsurf.com for reports from a shorefisher in that area. I know October/November stripers can be caught jigging spoons in the power plant disharge down there, too.
    Green Old Town Loon 111
    Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

I'm not sure but its worth a shot. Have you been down there lately ?

Comment

Not lately. I tried in May and it was too windy to launch. Last year around this time I went out in my friend's bass boat and found breaking stripers under the bridge, maryland side in the early morning. They were all small, caught on poppers. It wasn't until after that that I learned you needed to jig in the current outflow. They should be there now. This guy catches them from shore on the VA side:

http://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-f...e-Area-Rocking
        Green Old Town Loon 111
        Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Working...
        X