Hrbt 10-11-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hrbt 10-11-13

Sun and I fished the light line at the HRBT Friday night. Condition were nice, despite the Nor'easter in the area.

I caught a handful of weakfish, including my biggest yet at 15" and a few flounder, including a 18.5" keeper. I was dragging a white 4" gulp mullet along the bottom.

We also caught some stripers. Strong, fat runners! I kept a 21 incher and Sun got a FAT 24" that took him around pilings. I look forward to reading his blog post

Sorry, crappy iPhone pics.
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

That place seemed dead with real action in past months. Talked to several guys during the TKAA tournament and they really didn't catch anything there. Seems like there's still hope, maybe during the Fall. Thanks for the report.

Oh, 24"? That's the biggest I've heard caught there. I think maybe flounder is now beginning to show near shore. I heard good bites during the summer, but they were off shore.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Nice going guys! too bad I couldn't make it down early enough to join you.

I fished the HRBT Saturday night and with the wind and tide running in opposite directions, the waves were really big and rough. I got out to the island and had a big wave come over the side of my kayak and said no thanks and came back in to the shallower less rough end.

I fished for the gray trout and flounder for a few hours and caught many, but mostly small, but did manage a 14" Gray trout and 18" flounder which are both not all that impressive but personal bests for me...
      DSCN5772.jpgDSCN5771.jpg
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Friday was a tough evening for me. But the one fish I caught made the whole 6 or so hours on the water worth it! haha.

Sun Fishin'

Comment

Were you guys fishing the Hampton side?

Comment

No, we launched from the Willoughby Spit.

Tufnik, yes, the flounder were closer to shore. The striper were closer to the island in rough current.
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
            X