Trolling the Harry Nice Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolling the Harry Nice Bridge

I initially posted my report on the Maryland thread but actually fished the VA side. These two fish were in a school that was hanging at a drop off that went from7-15 FT. After catching those two I headed in because of the white caps coming out of the south and the tide was pushing a little strong. The drop off is right around the pylons were they are doing construction under the bridge. The rockfish hang there as the tide is changing as a ambush point. Here is a short Vid of the day.

Thanks for the post.
    The bridge looks it is a nice backup place for me for week day morning fish before the traffic jam starts
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Nice stripers and thanks for the videos. I bought some of those powerworms after watching one of your other videos earlier in the year. Haven't fished them very hard yet, only trollled them a little once or twice on a red 3/8 jig head without any luck. What is that spinner jig head setup? Did you make it or buy it somewhere? I'm wanting to try that this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
        Nice stripers and thanks for the videos. I bought some of those powerworms after watching one of your other videos earlier in the year. Haven't fished them very hard yet, only trollled them a little once or twice on a red 3/8 jig head without any luck. What is that spinner jig head setup? Did you make it or buy it somewhere? I'm wanting to try that this weekend.
        That rig is called a red fish spinner rig I actually bought it at a Dicks in Beau ford N.C. You can find them at some local sports stores or get them on line. That rig puts out some serious vibrations. I actually decided the night before to use that rig because of the stained water. I used the worm for the contrasting color and the spinner for vibration for sound and sight in the stained water.

Comment

Working...
        X