Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT 11-2-13, Sat

CBBT 11-2-13, Sat

Was on the water before 8 am. Caught slack tide, but the current picked up quickly and was fairly strong up to early/mid afternoon. Mostly cloudy, light winds, air temp about 60.

Worked the pilings up to the 1st island with shrimp and blue crab. With the tough current, I was still able to drop the rig to the bottom to hunt for togs. Caught only sea bass and toads all morning.

It was mid afternoon, and I still had no tog. Caught more toads.

Late in the afternoon, I was still without any tog, not even a short. I was gradually accepting the feeling that I would be tog-skunked for the day.

It was almost evening and still no tog, not even a bite. I planned to leave at 4 pm, but tog fever kept me on the water. Even Rob Choi didn't get anything in the afternoon, though he caught a number of shorts earlier.

Earlier I had a big hook up for about 15 seconds. It pulled hard. Thought I had it, but the swivel broke. Dang! Rob and I thought it was a big red.

It was 6 pm. The water was calm with little current. Very nice evening to fish. It was time to quit. Another trip with no fish.

Feeling defeated, I dropped the rig, and BAM! Fish on! I landed a 24" redfish. I was totally ecstatic and yelled out with an echo bouncing off the bridge structure...lol..

Oh, thought I'd show you a pic of the secret location I caught the red.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tufnik; 11-03-2013, 09:36 AM.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Now that's a big Redfish...and that's why I have to start fishing the CBBT. I've never fished it before. Is there a good launch site you can recommend?
    Ocean Kayak Trident 15
    StriperSniper
    Snakehead Charmer
    "I remembered being very careful never to rub my paddle against the gunwale for fear of disturbing the stillness of the cathedral." E.B. White

Comment

Nice red. That one has a serious hump!
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by Lee337 View Post
        Now that's a big Redfish...and that's why I have to start fishing the CBBT. I've never fished it before. Is there a good launch site you can recommend?
        See Joe's Post #9 for launch info. http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ight=alexander

I may go again this coming weekend, depending on wx and things. You're welcome to join if I go. Be warned, the current there can rip. If you're not use to it, and if you paddle your yak, you'll probably struggle. It can be a tough place to fish. See KenY's impression on his post.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Nice buzzer beater!

Comment

Thanks for the report. I don't know what happened to CBBT this year???

joe
            Fish like there's no tomorrow.
            Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
              Be warned, the current there can rip. If you're not use to it, and if you paddle your yak, you'll probably struggle. It can be a tough place to fish. See KenY's impression on his post.
              When I was out there, the wind was howling and the tide was ripping due to a near full Moon. No way I could paddle and fish at all. And when I did fish, I was always blown into the pilings which means I had to stop fishing to paddle away from the pilings.

Next time I go, I will make sure the winds are under 10 and the its not near a full or new Moon.
              Young Apprentice

2015 Outback Papaya
              WS Ride 115 Mango
              WS Tarpon 100

Comment

Working...
              X