Occoquan Cats 2/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occoquan Cats 2/22

Launched from Occoquan Reservoir Park today. Went to target some crappie, but I couldn't buy a bite. Switched tactics and landed one at 30" and another at 28". These bad boys were heavy! I don't normally target them, but since they were biting.....

Water temps started at 35 degrees and made its to 38 by the time I came off the water. Only about a foot of visibility. It was like chocolate milk out there. Wind gusts were stong at times, but it was nice being out there after all this cold weather.

Cool fish! I still haven't caught a tidal catfish yet. Hopefully this spring.

Comment

Nice blues Bryan! That big one is a 31", it is all the way to the end of the hawg trough!
      Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I just realized last night, this is my first trip for 2014 and the 31" blue is a new PB for largest fish landed. Not too bad for a guy who normally targets smallies. Thanks Dave for pointing that out about the hawg trough, I think the excitement distracted me.

Comment

Originally posted by HearadonCatch View Post
          I just realized last night, this is my first trip for 2014 and the 31" blue is a new PB for largest fish landed. Not too bad for a guy who normally targets smallies. Thanks Dave for pointing that out about the hawg trough, I think the excitement distracted me.
          I'm sure you had your hands full getting that beast into the kayak and getting the picture!
          Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice cats. I admire your perseverance to get out there. All I caught this week was a blasted cold. Feelterrible
            Hurricane Skimmer 128
            WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Nice cats, plan on gettin out there when the weather breaks.

Comment

Working...
              X