Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pohick Bay area, Riverbend Park, Shenandoah River or Upper Potomac River and any Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pohick Bay area, Riverbend Park, Shenandoah River or Upper Potomac River and any Lake

I am always looking for different people to go fishing with and I am open to more than what I listed but that was just a start.

I have alot to learn about kayak fishing but more just the kayaking side as I have experience fishing but always willing to learn more, just not a rookie by any means.

Let me if your interested in going, know of some good spots, recommended tackle for certain areas and safety of course...anything to be aware of.

I am hoping to hear from you guys and learn more and more to become a better kayak angler. Making some new friends would be cool too.

Generally what I am working with currently: jackson kayak cuda 12, pfd, ruler paddle, mostly fish light tackle, braid to fluoro, all types of lures, decent rods/reels and a VA & DC license and will pick up an MD one if the opportunity arises.

Few of my favorite catches...
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Welcome! I fish some of those same areas (Pohick mostly of the ones you listed), make sure to keep an eye out for the M&Gs that are coming up!
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
      Welcome! I fish some of those same areas (Pohick mostly of the ones you listed), make sure to keep an eye out for the M&Gs that are coming up!
      M&G's?

Excuse my noobness

Comment

Meet & Greet every second Saturday of each month, great place to meet new friends and fishing places

Comment

Originally posted by gkreps View Post
          Meet & Greet every second Saturday of each month, great place to meet new friends and fishing places
          Sounds good, thanks!

Comment

No problem, Meet and Greets are informal get-togethers that this group does every second Saturday of the month. The schedule for this year is:

The Meet & Greet for 2014 which occurs on the 2nd Saturday of each month is as follows:
            FEB - Susquehanna for Yellow Perch - Hosted by Sparky
            MAR - BellHaven on the Potomac for Blue Cats - Hosted by Rockchaser
            April - Bell Grove Ponds - Hosted by Medicyaker
            May - Upper Potomac for Small Mouth Bass - Hosted by Monocaykayak
            June - Rumbly for Stripers, Flounder and Speckle Trout - Slobber Bob
            July - Lowes Wharf Stripers, Reds, Croaker, Spots, Perch, Speckle Trout - Hosted by Coop1486
            Aug - Dennis Point Marina in St. Mary's County for Cats, Rockfish and Reds - Hosted by Kevin Fry
            Sep - CBKA Tournament - Hosted by MOC and the CBKA Staff
            Oct - South River for Stripers - Hosted by Dogfish
            Nov - Beverly Trion Park for Stripers - Hosted by SurfDog
            Dec - Severn River for Stripers and Pickerel - Host by John Veil
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Welcome. I fish a lot of those waters as we'll. You will find a lot of good info on this site. I have always found the members ready to provide advice and guidance on the what, where, when how of fishing in the. Md Va area. Another resource you may want to consider is Virginia Kayak Anglers on face book it is a fairly new group. The page is use mostly to schedule meet ups.
              Ed
              Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

I fish Pohick area quite often during Snakehead season.

Khanh

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post

Khanh
                  Ditto on sneakhead season. But usually hunt them down at Leesylvania State park. Khanh, let me know when you are ready to start.

Comment

I started going to Pohick Bay last year for Bass fishing. What kind of fish is in picture #1? Is Pic #3 a yellow perch? If so wow that's a biggie. Like you, Im just starting out kayak fishing.

Tight Lines
                    Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
                    2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by charlieru View Post
                      Ditto on sneakhead season. But usually hunt them down at Leesylvania State park. Khanh, let me know when you are ready to start.
                      Ok will do. I will probably start around May

Comment

Originally posted by Moschedmi View Post
                        Welcome. I fish a lot of those waters as we'll. You will find a lot of good info on this site. I have always found the members ready to provide advice and guidance on the what, where, when how of fishing in the. Md Va area. Another resource you may want to consider is Virginia Kayak Anglers on face book it is a fairly new group. The page is use mostly to schedule meet ups.
                        I attempted to join that FB page but I think I have to be accepted before entering the page...so I am waiting as I didn't see much their besides a members list.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post

Khanh
                          Yeah man, i have waiting to hook into and bring in my first snakehead. I had one on the line last season and it came off.... So yeah i am ready to try again.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieru View Post
                            I'm in if you guys don't mine...

Comment

Welcome! I fish Pohick and Riverbend probably more than other spots. Algonkian, Leesylvania and the Bay are others at some point during the season. Gonna fish the Susquehanna Flats Jamboree in April. You might want to check that out.

http://www.sfkfj.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X