Rudee Inlet, Sat 26 Apr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudee Inlet, Sat 26 Apr

Went to CBBT early morning to tog, but it was too tough and windy. So, went to Rudee.

There must have been 20-30 fish yakers out there. Nice day, but a bit windy.

I jigged the inlet most of the time and got nothing, so I went back up the inlet where everybody was.

I then fished shrimp and threw plastic. Saw Abumastouf and Goody. Abu limited out on puppy drum using shrimp and lure. Goody caught one. There were many yakers that limited out on drums, and there were many that caught nothing (like me). One shore fisherman fished 7 hrs with two poles with shrimp and cut bait, and he caught nothing. One yaker caught nothing. Another yaker caught one. Another yaker using Gulp caught nothing. Two yakers used electric chicken plastic (same lure I used) and limited out. Go figure.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Funny how that goes. Sometimes, it's just a little something different that you do (or don't do) that makes the difference between catching and not. And yeah, been there, it sucks to be on the "not" side of that equation. I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other down there sometime soon.
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Good to see you again out there. Next time we'll get them.

Mobile Phone

Outback 2015
      Maui

Comment

I stayed almost two hours after you left, Goody. I tried another spot with two boats on either side of me. I was holding against the grass because the wind was pushing me there. One boat had two anglers, the other had four anglers. The boat nearest me had four anglers using shrimp. Nobody in either boat pulled up fish during the one hour I watched them.

The shore fisherman who got skunked Saturday (fishing 7 hrs with two poles) said he fished Friday and caught his limit within 45 minutes. Maybe next time I'll get that kind of luck. I want to fish Rudee again this weekend, but I have a scheduled Deep Drop.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
        X