DC Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Rock

I'm working at Boling AFB/JBAB. I have to monitor a water discharge to make sure I don't flood out a tiki bar. I am just down from Woodrow Wilson. There have been a group of pier fisherman slamming the rock. There is a ramp perfect for a kayak launch within 200' of the pier. Evidently there is a ledge that holds a lot of bait. I have seen rock up to 42" landed. DC fishing license is required. If you have a military ID you could get in without issue. Looks like a perfect spot to cast and jig from a kayak. I'm working so can!t take advantage of fishery.Mark

Hey Mark, I'm interested in this ramp, does it have a name?
    Used to fish more.

Comment

I'll look for a name when at work Monday.

Comment

Looking on google maps, I see a couple piers and a marina over there. Is it the longer pier with branches off the end closest to Wilson bridge or the shorter one upstream. The long one does not look like a bad paddle from Jones point. I have only caught schoolie sized stripers around Wilson bridge myself. Would be pretty nice to catch one with some size to it over there.

Comment

The peir they are fishing on is at the Outdoor Recreation Center and Marina. There is a sign for the Slip Inn Tiki Bar. The pier is adjacent to the bar. The ramp is next to the bar. If you can get in through JBAB gate it would literally be a 200' paddle to the fish. It is up stream from Woodrow. They are fishing there this morning. Haven't seen what they have caught. I would try 3/4-1 oz Spro bucktails armed with neon pepper 7" gulp. My personnal choice for jigging.

Comment

Awesome, thanks!!
            Used to fish more.

Comment

What times seem to be the best fishing?? Is the launch free?
              Green Old Town Loon 111
              Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

I have only stopped by in the afternoon to check it out. There is a sign saying ramp free to members, $10 non members. Not sure of active military constitutes member.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!
                  Green Old Town Loon 111
                  Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Working...
                  X