And I thought I caught a nice SH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I thought I caught a nice SH

It was this guy uploadfromtaptalk1403434007013.jpg.

But it was a perfect day to fish. I launched out of Occoquan at the end of outgoing tide. Fishing was slow at first but it picked up. Everything was perfect except I got some bad braided line. I set the hooked and broke the line 3 times, it's 30 lb power pro braided so it can't be the fish. I only brought two rods so at that point I was down to one.

Fishing was good though. Landed 4 bass, couple of them 16". They hit both top water frog and swimbait. They kept missing on the top water frog but it was fun to watch. Over all I missed at least 10 fish because I suck at setting hook. Even though I had that hick up with the line, it was perfect day to fish, the weather was perfect; cloudy, little rain, light wind...

Nice catch. Thanks for posting the picture.
    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
    Cobra Explorer

Comment

Can't tell what you got him on but I've been fooled many times by channel cats like that hitting a spinnerbait. Several times I thought I had 10lb+ bass and one time I was 99% sure it was a musky. Always so disappointing
      Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
        Can't tell what you got him on but I've been fooled many times by channel cats like that hitting a spinnerbait. Several times I thought I had 10lb+ bass and one time I was 99% sure it was a musky. Always so disappointing
        I caught him on a zman plastic frog. I think you can see it at its mouth if you zoom in. Sorry the picture is taken from my phone so quality is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
          Wow, I don't think I've ever been disappointed catching fish, even if it wasn't the target species....👎
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Nice catch. I think I saw on my way down 95 around noon. Was that you under the rt 1 bridge? Wish I was out there also, I could not make time to fish this weekend at all.

I pretty much only use 65 pound pp anymore on the reels I use most frequently and don't have any problems with it. I did have a some 20 or 30 one time that kept breaking on me. I thought it might have been from the oyster shells where I was fishing, but I tore it off and threw it out anyway.

Comment

That's not me. I started late around 4:00 pm till 8:30. I did fish around route 1 bridge though, it has a lot of vegetation. I did saw another yellow kayak. I was on a grey Trident 13.

Comment

Ah I see the frog now that's wild. I thought it was vegetation at first glance. And yes I am always disappointed with channel cats since I never target them. They are a nuisance while flathead fishing, a nuisance while bowfinning and at the right times of year a huge pain when throwing jerk baits and spinner baits for bass!
                Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                X