Noob... hiya folks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob... hiya folks.

Hi everyone, thought I'd take a sec to introduce myself. Been an avid fisherman all my life but just last summer started reading up on kayak fishing and ended up getting a great deal on a jackson big tuna around August of last year.

She hasn't seen the water as much as I'd like.. a few trips out to Fountainhead, and I just drove her down to Clarks Hill Lake in GA on father's day to take my dad for a week of kayak fishing. (One of the reasons I leaned toward the big tuna was the option to go tandem.) Way too hot down there to fish anytime except dawn and dusk... and the bite wasn't that good until the last day after some rain came through--but a day on the water sure beats a day of work.

I posted some picture on Reddit and learned there's a pretty active kayak fishing community down in GA from the comments/replies. Promised myself to check into kayak fishing forums in the NoVA area (I live in Manassas) when I got home.

Looking forward to browsing the Virginia thread for fishing reports!

Thanks,
    Ty

Yay for another Virginia side fisherman.

Comment

http://imgur.com/a/U7RyN

A couple pics from the trip. The BT is huge and has more storage space than I know what to do with. When I'm soloing, I may as well be in a canoe.

Comment

Working...
      X