Snakehead hunting 7-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakehead hunting 7-20

It is such a nice day to go fishing. The condition is perfect; cloudy, light wind. Everything was fine till I realize I didn't bring a stringer or a net. It was so nice I didn't start fishing right away. I just paddle around and I saw a huge snakehead pass by me. I immediately turn around and cast my frog but no take. So I continue enjoy the scenery, and saw 2 guys fly fishing. After getting to my regular spot, I hooked up into a first bass in about 10 min. After couple more I hooked up another fish, as soon as I set the hook I thought I got a bass. It darted toward me, it was so fast I got slack line. So, I thought it's another freaking bass but as it get close. It was not, the SH make huge commotion as soon as it saw the kayak and tried to head toward the spatterdock but it can't get away from me.
    uploadfromtaptalk1405901795122.jpg

And I had to head back in after I caught the SH because I forgot my stinger. I was not happy but on the other hand I've caught what I wanted

Nice one!
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Nice! Looking forward to catching one myself.
      Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
      Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
        Nice! Looking forward to catching one myself.
        They are a blast to catch but be prepare they make huge splash when they get close to the kayak. The 14 lbs last year literally gave me a shower.

Comment

You sir continue to inspire! Hat off again!
          -Mustafa
          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
            You sir continue to inspire! Hat off again!
            Appreciate the kind comment AbuMasgouf. BTW, the place that I fish is accessible by Hobie around high tide. If you want to know where it's been productive, just shoot me a message.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
              Appreciate the kind comment AbuMasgouf. BTW, the place that I fish is accessible by Hobie around high tide. If you want to know where it's been productive, just shoot me a message.
              I've been actually trying to figure out a way to align our schedules to fish together again since the summer started. It was a lot of fun last time.

I'll shoot you a pm to figure it out
              -Mustafa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Btw, if anyone like to go SH fishing with me, feel free to shoot me a message and we can try work out the time. I usually fish in the early evening till sunset (4 pm till sunset)

Comment

I would like to go SH fishing with you guys. Let me know when you head out next time. I will try to get off work early.
                  “As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler.” - Izaak Walton

Comment

Nice snakehead! That one is really darkly colored.

Were you worried that the snakehead meat would spoil being out of the water with no stringer?
                    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice one man! I agree they get a second burst of energy once they see a yak. I think my yellow revo really enrages them bc they never seem to go as nuts with my buddy who has an olive yak.
                      Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

We're doing it this coming Friday 7-25

Originally posted by Turk_on_a_Tarpon View Post
                        I would like to go SH fishing with you guys. Let me know when you head out next time. I will try to get off work early.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post

Were you worried that the snakehead meat would spoil being out of the water with no stringer?
                          I think he said he headed back after he caught the snakehead because if that, regardless I think it could survive a while out of the water anyhow.
                          Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Yea. I could dump it inside the kayak but that mean paddle back with a live SH to the ramp. If I get stop by police I can probably explain to them and tell them I plan to dispatch it at the ramp but I might still get a ticket for it.

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post

Comment

It takes a while for fresh fish to spoil even if it's hot. I've pulled up my fish many times and left it to die on top of the kayak because I didn't want the drag while continuing to fish and when heading back. Nothing happens to it, just the skin gets a little dry which dunking a couple of times at the ramp moistens it back up. Don't forget when fish die they secret slime which protects the fish.

But hey that's what works for me, to each his own and their level of comfort. I don't take responsibility for anyone's food poisoning
                              -Mustafa
                              2016 Hobie Outback
                              2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
                              X