Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Ready for Warm Water Wading

A few things I tied up for the low flow wading on Deer Dreek

This is a new smallmouth fly I tied for the first time - can't wait to see how it works:

0718180820.jpg

And a couple of sunfish/rockbass magnets hopefully:

0718180824.jpg

0718180821.jpg
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

You do nice work.

Good luck on your outing.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Those look great and should work fantastic.

Comment

I like!!

Comment

nice work
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Just revisiting this thread.

It's amazing to me that I have yet to get out for smallmouth. I work weekdays, and it seems that the rivers have been blown out or too high for safe wading every single weekend since march. Amazing. I am hoping september gives me a few times to do a little wet wading or at least a float on some rivers..
            2017 Jackson Kayak Mayfly

Instagram: @thegreggoutdoors

Gregg

Comment

Originally posted by Cluelessandfly View Post
              Just revisiting this thread.

It's amazing to me that I have yet to get out for smallmouth. I work weekdays, and it seems that the rivers have been blown out or too high for safe wading every single weekend since march. Amazing. I am hoping september gives me a few times to do a little wet wading or at least a float on some rivers..
              Agree. It's just one of those abnormal weather event years that will leave fat tree rings in logs to be seen years from now. Folks will say, "there must have been a lot of rain that year" and how right they will be.

I was supposed to lead wading trips for the Free State Fly Fishers on the Upper Potomac this month and next. This month isn't going to happen and unless the rain stops, neither will next month.

Fortunately, as John Veil pointed out recently, we still have many opportunities nearby to wet a line. However, we may not be able to do them on foot.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I got off work yesterday at 5pm, grabbed the gear and literally walked to the end of the FtSmallwood fishing pier, and as I sat down my gear, lightning strike in the distance and Park Ranger cleared/closed the pier per protocol.

Heavy rain lasted ~20min but I was able to fish from the beaches for a good 2 hours before leaving.

This weekend's forecast 8/18-8/19 is shaping up to be another wet willy.
                Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Although it called for rain both saturday and sunday, my area escaped any bug downfalls. I set out in search of carp (still haven't nabbed one on the fly) in my local stream (bull Run). I have fished this a few times, particularly for the TPFR bluegill tourney, but have not spent too much time on it. There are a decent number of carp, and soe small catfish as well, but I have never seen a smallie in here, even though it has some nice rocky bottom areas with good current.

Well, I now KNOW they are in there as I caught two small smallies. It was nice to get on the smallmouth board for 2018. It's crazy as I usually am getting out regularly for them in spring into summer. Better late than never.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmsuj0Gn..._web_copy_link
                  2017 Jackson Kayak Mayfly

Instagram: @thegreggoutdoors

Gregg

Comment

Working...
                  X