Tiny Guy On The Fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny Guy On The Fly

Hit the river this afternoon for a little more than an hour. Got this healthy little guy on the fly rod. I'm happy that this particular spot is consistently producing some smallies for me. Caught the fish on a rabbit streamer. No fish activity on top water. The river was clear and beautiful.

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
    Hit the river this afternoon for a little more than an hour. Got this healthy little guy on the fly rod. I'm happy that this particular spot is consistently producing some smallies for me. Caught the fish on a rabbit streamer. No fish activity on top water. The river was clear and beautiful.

Gotta love smallies on the fly. One of my favorite things to Do.
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I was fishing the 3 weight fiberglass rod too. So that little guy was fun. I am thoroughly enjoying catching some smallies within a 12 minute drive from home and on flies I've made myself. I've been fishing this flow for 27 years and I have to admit that fallfish seem to be the dominant species. After years and years of scouting different sections, I've finally found a spot with habitat that is smallie friendly. With the bonus that I'm fairly certain I will never bump into another fisherman there.

My love is fishing the Potomac River for smallies, but this year the Potomac has been swollen and muddy from all of the rains. I've found that these smaller flows clear much quicker after the rains. While the fish are smaller, the experience has been peaceful and rewarding.

Comment

Nice work! Any fish is wonderful, regardless of size. I have also been searching out smaller water to quench my thirst.
        2017 Jackson Kayak Mayfly

Instagram: @thegreggoutdoors

Gregg

Comment

Fun to catch smallies on the fly. This summer in Maine my top producing bait, with spin or fly tackle was my "Ostrich Clouser" white ostrich on bottom with colored bucktail on top

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Just started tying last week. We are getting more than our share of rain...guess I will just keep tying then....waiting for a break. Good time to keep getting set up too...getting my new tools organized and practicing tying smaller flies...I printed this hair stacker just a few minutes ago...not my design, just able to download and print it..IMG_20180909_130317926.jpg

I target the local ponds and creeks with a 3wt as well... everything is fun with that weight. Good looking catch.
            Hobie Outback
            Stand Up Paddle Board
            Pelican 100

Comment

Thats really neat! I kinda want to get a 3D printer and design some sculpin fish masks. I really hate the weighted ones....too heavy. Id rather frint a weightless one with extra room to slide over lead wrap, OR just fish on a sink tip.
              2017 Jackson Kayak Mayfly

Instagram: @thegreggoutdoors

Gregg

Comment

I will take a look at those...I've only designed a fee simple items so far. If I can make something workable, I will let you know...
                Hobie Outback
                Stand Up Paddle Board
                Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
                X