Fly Fishing A Small Flow - First Smallies of 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly Fishing A Small Flow - First Smallies of 2019

I fly fished a small flow this afternoon for about 1.5 hours. Mainly fished one big pool and slowly waded up stream. Water was perfect with nice clarity. I caught smallmouth bass, sunfish, and fallfish. The largest fish of the day was a smallmouth bass that was about 12 inches long. No photo because it came off as I lifted it out of the water to lip it.
    Only 1 sunfish on a topwater foam popper. The rest of the fish were split about equally between a rabbit fur jackalope fly and a snow white damsel. Fishing was done on a 3 weight fiberglass Eagleclaw Featherlight fly rod.

Beautiful! Love fly fishing the ultra lights.

Yesterday with a 2wt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Nice. Cowpokey! Did t know you were a fly fisher!

Comment

I have that ame pole.....surprisingly fishable
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
          Nice. Cowpokey! Did t know you were a fly fisher!
          Actually started fly fishing before kayak fishing. Putting the two of them together is a hoot!
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
            Actually started fly fishing before kayak fishing. Putting the two of them together is a hoot!
            +1 on that!
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Been fishing as long as I can remember, first picture my mom took I was about 3...so 44+ years? Dad always said he was going to teach me to fly fish, but never "got around to it". We were always too busy fishing for walleye, catfish and salmon (land locked [stocked] chinook and coho). I finally bought my first fly rod in Korea some time in the late 90's; '98 or '99? Since then I've gotten some nicer rods, and that first one is still around somewhere but it was junk compared to what I have now. I prefer UL rods, have two 2wt and a 3wt that are really fun, along with a 6wt that works well with big flies and a 9wt for crazy stuff like barracuda.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Awesome pictures! Nice small mouth bass. I'll make sure I share this info on my blog https://fishmasters.com/
                Last edited by billfish3r; 12-19-2020, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X