550 cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 550 cord

Saw a thread on using 550 cord. Threw two together. I will make them a little nicer next time...but with brushing out the tail, they have pretty good action. I know the little one works...well, sort of...I dropped it in the water when I was pulling line to cast and a little bluegill jumped on it...only one I caught in my 15 minute test. A few nips after that and no takers...I switched to a floating fly after that and nothing was coming up...so I blame the fish...not the fly. I will make a few more with black later on..😃IMG_20190724_145223.jpg
    IMG_20190724_145258.jpg
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Interesting.

I've never tried that material.

I can see the possibilities.

It's amazing what fish will bite.

Good work.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Interesting.

It's amazing what fish will bite.

Good work.
      So true...

I recently saw a video on YouTube of two brothers that made lures and had a challenge who could catch more fish. One make a popper out of (literally) a stick about 3 inches long. The other made a jig/spoon out of a piece of rock. They used epoxy, wire, etc. to attach the hooks to the lures, but they caught some pond bass. The stick lure only had problems catching because the hooks kept coming off.
      2015 Hobie Revolution 13
      2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

When I was a kid, I would go to the pond with no bait or lures. I would find an old cigarette butt on the banks and fashion a crude lure out of it and catch a few small bluegills to use as catfish bait. I could spend hours at the pond catching fish that way.

The only gear I brought with me was a rod with a hook already tied onto the line and a BSA folding pocket knife.
        ---------------------------------
        Mike Hossom
        Olive Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by mhossom View Post
          The only gear I brought with me was a rod with a hook already tied onto the line and a BSA folding pocket knife.
          There's a lesson in that story for many of today's kayak anglers, me included, who carry more gear than I/we need.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
          X