Little Fly Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Fly Rod

More for fun, but it does work. Quaanti 55mm fly reel, pen rod, 1wt fly line.
    IMG_4363~2.jpg
    IMG_20200820_191209.jpg
    IMG_4352~2.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by clm; 08-25-2020, 06:45 AM.
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Nice going! I want to get an affordable Tenkara rod some time. Now isn't the right time, but eventually I'll get one and give it a try. I'm interested in applying Tenkara rod fly fishing to the small flows that I fish near my home. The goal of those trips is always to catch smallmouth bass, but I usually end up mostly with fallfish and sunfish with an occasional smallie. None of the fish are large in these small flows.

Comment

Interesting.

I didn't even know you could buy 1 wt. fly line!
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

double tapered with loops even...Ebay
        Hobie Outback
        Stand Up Paddle Board
        Pelican 100

Comment

CLM,

When I speak to friends and to seminar groups about fly fishing I stress to them it is not as complicated as they may think, even from a kayak. Much is made of the act of casting. I believe some are intimidated by that. However, it is really quite easy with modern lines and fly rods. In some ways it’s simpler than using conventional tackle because you’re merely manipulating a line with the aid of a pole. The reel plays no role in casting, therefore no backlashes or bird nests.

The Tenkara method that Tom mentions uses no reel at all which is similar to how many of us started fishing – a cane pole with a line at the end. What goes around comes around.

Here you’ve constructed your own micro-flyfishing outfit and caught fish with it. Congratulations.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
          X