Fly Casting Clinic -- Saturday, 8 October -- Free State Fly Fishers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly Casting Clinic -- Saturday, 8 October -- Free State Fly Fishers

Some anglers, especially those who have never tried it, think the act of casting a fly rod is difficult. They may also think fly fishing is expensive, elitist, and not effective for the warm water species we pursue here in the Chesapeake region.

In fact, quality fly gear costs no more than good conventional tackle. It’s a sport for everyone and growing in popularity. Further, you can catch each of the common species mentioned on this forum via a fly.

However, without instruction, fly casting may not come easy to all who try it. But I offer the perfect solution. It will cost you nothing but a few hours of your time on a Saturday morning. And I guarantee you will leave that day with the confidence and knowhow to become an effective fly caster.

The Free State Fly Fishers are conducting a free casting clinic on Saturday, 8 October from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at their Davidsonville clubhouse. The address is 3789 Queen Anne Bridge Road, Davdisonville, MD 21035. This is a popular club event held each June and October that has helped to introduce many folks to fly fishing.

Participants can choose the level of instruction they need whether they are novices who have never before touched a fly rod or experienced fly anglers seeking to refine their casting stroke. And yes, we will even have a kayak available to teach you how to cast a fly rod while seated.

If you have a fly rod, bring it. Otherwise, there will be spare rods available for you to try.

The event is always well attended:

FSFF2 (2).jpg

FSFF1 (4).jpg

Here is the url from the club's website to the casting clinic announcement: https://fs-ff.com/index.php/event/10...asting-clinic/

I encourage you to pay us a visit.

Thank you,
    Last edited by Mark; 09-14-2022, 10:38 AM.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Just a gentle reminder of the above upcoming event this Saturday.

There is no rain in the forecast and temperatures will be mild.

And I mentioned, there is no charge...FREE. Of course, I have to admit that my academic training in economics long ago taught me that nothing is free. Your attendance at this session will cost you a few hours on a Saturday morning. Instead, given the promising weather forecast, you could go fishing at that time. An economist would call that an "opportunity cost". But I think you will find those hours at the casting clinic well spent since you will be with excellent casting instructors who are also very good anglers.

The banter and camaraderie at these sessions extends far beyond casting to discussions of fishing techniques and on-the-water tales -- some of the fish stories are actually true as recorded by many interesting photographs on the clubhouse walls.

So again, if you are looking for an angling related activity this coming Saturday, 8 October, short of actually fishing, please join us. You may be intrigued by what you see and the expereince may introduce you to another way to catch fish in your kayak.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
    X