We're Getting Close!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Getting Close!

I can feel it! Spring is arriving. I see the weeds beginning to sprout in my yard and some trees begin to bloom. I'll be getting out soon and hopefully can post some trip reports. Time changes in a few weeks, so that will help along with the warmer weather.

Can’t wait- am tired of wearing the winter gear to fish. Love to put feet in the water to cool them off!
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Actually, this has been a very mild winter aside from more wind than usual. I think spring arrived in January!

But I also think the up and down temperatures and choppy wind-blown surfaces have unsettled the fish.

My pickerel catches have been below normal this winter both in size and number. I've even been skunked on two outings and I mean the full monty skunk -- not even a bite or hint of a fish on my line. Yet I know they were present. On one occasion I saw them locked in position near structure unwilling to chase anything I offered.

So, I do hope we have a nice seasonal transition into normal spring temperatures and better fishing.

I look forward to improved action on my outings and the reports here of others having success too.

Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Was hoping to get out this weekend, but looks like Friday's rains might mess that all up.

Comment

It's time guys. Things are picking up. More daylight after work to fish. Warmer temperatures. Turtles and spring peeper frogs are out. Time to get busy. I hope everyone has a great warm water/warm weather fishing season in 2023.

Comment

Working...
          X