Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beautiful Day. Beautiful River. But Not Many Fish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Day. Beautiful River. But Not Many Fish.

I hit the local flow, put on my hip waders, and tried to catch some Tenkara smallmouth. It was a beautiful day, the river was clear, I saw some fish and spooked them, However, not many fish were observed. I ended up catching two fallfish. I'll give this section of river a try again in about a month to see how things have changed. I haven't caught any smallmouth or sunfish from the creeks/rivers yet this year. IMG_2697[1].jpg IMG_2698[1].jpg IMG_2699[1].jpg IMG_2700[1].jpg

Pretty area, Tom.

We've had a dry spring.

The fish you are seeking may have temporarily moved to deeper water.

Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Fallfish are the only fish I can find year around in this flow. haha. They migrate to "deep" water, which might only be 3 feet deep. Usually near a bend in the stream or a bend and a fallen tree, or a boulder. It is a mystery what happens to the sunfish, bluegills, and smallmouth bass. I did see some smallmouth bass yesterday. They were small and they slowly moved away from me as I was wading. There were some fish around, just not many. I really need to find a place with a decent population of smallmouth bass.

Comment

Working...
      X