Small Pond Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Pond Success

Visited a small eastern shore pond this morning for some panfish fly action. I threw a Black Woolley Bugger, size 10 along the edges. Water temp was up to 60 by 10:30. My first catch was an average Red Earred Sunfish. Later I found a nice Crappie. As I worked around the edges, I came upon a Beaver Lodge and threw along one edge. I felt a slight tug and a steady pull of the line. Gave it a quick strip set and I was immediately pulled in the kayak around the pond edge. As it started pulling the kayak in a circle, it threw the small hook. I was able to get a quick look at it before disappearing in the water-it was large! Later the BG’s started biting. All were about 4-6”. Was a nice morning to be on the water and catching some panfish topped it.
    6A2A1187-D5B5-45D9-B7E9-D89EBC384623.jpg CAC78200-40F1-42E7-B9AB-DB001B87E938.jpg F2D7FE5F-B2FA-4F31-A55F-BAE5799DDB74.jpg
    Attached Files
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Thank goodness for small pond fishing.
    Lot's of fun with the fly rod.
    Back to my fishing roots.......

Thanks for the report.

Comment

So...last week we traveled over 2000 miles, endured miserable traffic in Miami and on US Route 1 in the Keys, sat shoulder to shoulder for over 5 hours with strangers in two fully packed planes, made hundreds of casts in a beautiful setting and caught one fish -- thanks to you.

Today, you take a liesurely trip across the bridge and have a very nice productive outing in small water.

Perhaps there's a lesson in the above for us.

Congrats on your catches today, John. I hope to visit to those calm waters myself next week.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thanks guys for the comments.
        John Rentch
        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment