First White Perch 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First White Perch 2023

Launched at a local creek off the Severn River this morning to fish for White Perch. Water temp was 71, air temp was 65 and the winds were from NW 5-7. After the launch I headed over to the shaded shore line and started throwing a small white Clouser (6wt, F line). After 30 minutes if landed my first fish. It was 9.5".
    Photo May 27 2023, 9 39 49 AM.jpg Photo May 27 2023, 9 29 30 AM.jpg

I continued fishing up the shaded shoreline and found a half dozen more, all less than 8".
    Near the end of the morning I switch to a spinning rod with a "Big Nose Spinner" and found a couple more nice perch.
    Photo May 27 2023, 8 15 00 AM.jpg

This was a short fishing morning-house duties, so I was off the water by 10:30.
    Attached Files
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Good for you, John.

Nice to know the perch are arriving on schedule.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I launched with John. We fished different sections of that particular tributary. I threw a Bignose spinner and caught 28 perch -- by far my best perch catching of the year. It is good to see that the perch can now be found in our local waters along the shoreline shallows.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Way to go guys. I caught a decent number of white perch in a South River tributary a couple days ago, good to hear they are available in the Severn creeks too.
        Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
        2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Working...
        X