Very Small Stream Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Small Stream Fishing

37D128E0-DCE4-40E9-83C0-87B0A4AF32C7.jpg FC8EF75E-6499-4961-BB9A-9BD10E786E50.jpg I was helping my sister out because she had some recent foot surgery. After visiting and helping her I decided to try fishing an un-named stream in Howard County. I fished for about 45 minutes and was getting very frustrated because I was getting fish hitting my floating topwater fly, but not hooking up. Eventually I checked the fly and noticed the hook had broken off when I got snagged on a tree early in the trip. Changed on a new fly with a hook on it and immediately caught a green sunfish. I won’t be fishing this flow again. I’m sure it gets no fishing pressure, but it is very shallow and difficult casting.

Lol! I've had that happen on small jigs while perch fishing.

I'm always amazed at how some fish can strike topwater lures (sometimes aggressively, like stripers) and not manage to get hooked. I often think jokingly to myself "do I have hooks on this thing?" But sometimes it's a good idea to actually check lol.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

Ahh, the proverbial "hookless hopper." lol
      This may add an entire new level to your Tenkara pursuit, fishing without a hook.
      There is some sort of poetic symmetry here.

Comment

I suggested he tie them that way and market them as The Humane Fisher Series ...someone will buy them
        Hobie Outback
        Stand Up Paddle Board
        Pelican 100

Comment

I also ended up with some poison ivy around my ankles. My mistake for wearing shorts on this one. Fingers crossed we won't get any rain storms this evening after work. I want to get out and catch a few Tenkara fish from some unpressured stream someplace in Howard County, MD.

Comment

So cryptic....
            Hobie Outback
            Stand Up Paddle Board
            Pelican 100

Comment

I honestly think some of the streams I fish don't have names.

Comment

It rained on my drive home from work, stopped while I ate some dinner, but started raining again. No fishing last night for me.

Comment

Working...
                X