Magothy River Perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magothy River Perch

Got to fish a Magothy River creek (via a friends launch) for White Perch. Beautiful fall morning-cool, clear sky, no wind. Water temp at the surface was 73. Starting to see fallen leaves on the surface, but not many-yet. I was using my 6wt with Intermediate line. I fished most shaded areas with overhanging trees. The perch were hard to find-only landed 5 in 4 hours on the water. All were caught on a Schminnow (a Florida fly-similar to a Crystal Bugger)in chartreuse or white.
    DSCF3451.jpg

Near the end of the morning, I found my first fall Pickerel. Wasn’t big (17”), but was a nice surprise and good way to end the morning.
    DSCF3453.jpg

This is what I fish for in the cold months in my area. They are lots of fun, especially on lighter weight rods.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

I was wondering how the Magothy was doing this fall. I know the area you fished, and it's usually pretty good for WP, YP, and Pickerel
    Still haven't heard much good news coming from the Severn Creeks, though

Comment

Stu- I was fly fishing primarily in the creek. When I got into the Magothy-trolled a bit, but no hits and nothing on my screen. Great morning-had the creek to myself.
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Working...
      X