Pond Tenkara Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pond Tenkara Trip

IMG_3784[1].jpg IMG_3786[2].jpg IMG_3777[1].jpg IMG_3778[1].jpg IMG_3780[1].jpg We had some beautiful Autumn weather last weekend in the DC/Baltimore area. I had about an hour of free time to fish before dinner last Saturday . I was running some errands and decided to hit a shopping center storm water management pond that I knew held green sunfish that were easy to catch. I've been fishing this pond a couple of times a year for the past 15 years and I always wondered if any other fish species were present. This trip was the first time I've ever caught some largemouth bass out of the pond. I caught one that was maybe 8 or 10 inches and a second one that was really small. Managed a bunch of green sunfish too. No takers on top. Everything ate a black bead head wooly bugger, or a small streamer meant for shad.

Dang, this website is asleep. Nobody even cares that I caught some bass in a pond that I didn't think had any in it. haha.

Comment

I care and I'm proud of you. Gosh darn it, you are smart enough, you are skilled enough, and the fish love you.
      Hobie Outback
      Stand Up Paddle Board
      Pelican 100

Comment

Originally posted by clm View Post
        I care and I'm proud of you. Gosh darn it, you are smart enough, you are skilled enough, and the fish love you.
        haha. Thanks Chip! You're pretty funny.

Comment

I love fishing stormwater management ponds. They are great when the bay bite is off and you just need to feel that tug on the line. They also serve as good bait gathering locations when fishing for other species.

My go to is a fly rod, but I fish it more like a tenkara rod. In the warmer months, Ive found it close to impossible to not catch something on every cast when tipped with anything small and black.
          "Fish on a Dish" - 2017 Jackson Big Tuna
          Jackson Cuda 12

Comment

Working...
          X